Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lots more rock!

The fireplace is almost done... I had to make an unscheduled trip to the mainland to get some more rocks. The stone yard we are using was so accommodating. I called on Sat. afternoon and told them of my need. They were closing before I could get there. The salesman said that I could come in after hours and take what I needed and to call him on Monday to tell him how many pounds I took.

My mistake was not looking at the scale before I put the over 200 pounds of stone in my car. The scale was a vehicle scale. If I had weighed my car first, then I could have loaded it up, weighed again and done the math. I loaded my car with the stone, discovered the scale, and had to take the stone out again and weigh it. Then I had to put it all back. I then drove home and carried all the stones from my car up to the second floor of the house. I think that means I moved about 600 pounds of rock myself that day! Look at the pictures though-- worth it!!!

No comments: